The Prosecutors: A Year in the Life of a District Attorney's Office
QR Code Link to This Post
by Gary Delsohn Audio Cassette Book
Depicting American justice at its best and worst, The Prosecutors lifts the lid off today's legal system with details that are more shocking and graphic than any television show or bestselling novel.
Allowed unprecedented access to spend a year inside an urban prosecutors' office, Gary Delsohn provides a riveting, behind-the-scenes look at how America's increasingly overburdened judicial system really functions. Seen through the eyes of the main characters in this true-life drama-John O'Mara, a tough, jaded homicide chief and Jan Scully, an accomplished former sex-crimes prosecutor who is now the D.A.-The Prosecutors shows us these dedicated public servants at work. The cases they encounter within this one year are as shocking as they are indelible:
* A simple robbery in Sacramento, California, goes bad and shatters a family forever.
* A serial killer is caught only after a nationwide manhunt.
* A well-respected doctor is accused of murdering his own daughter.
* A twenty-five-year-old cold case involving Patty Hearst and the SLA explodes and brings incredible pressure and scrutiny to the D.A.'s office.
* The son of a high-ranking California state prosecutor faces a possible death penalty for kidnap, rape,and murder.
The Prosecutors chronicles the real-life legal dramas that are waged daily in our courtrooms. It is a book that enlightens, educates, entertains, and even infuriates at times with the miscarriages of justice, but, ultimately, shows in stark detail the intricacies that make our legal system work.
I I will deliver for free in Pueblo. Just call 546-3656 and leave a message. Please view my other listings.