Some experience is preferred- most important traits are the following
Since of urgency
Willingness to learn and be coached
Hard worker.......no really you need to be a hard worker or you wont make it here I promise
The Dish Room/Chef Ezra Gutierrez
• Started in first professional kitchen at age 15.
• Been on opening team of 6 successful restaurants.
• High volume and corporate experience including (Papa Deaux, Cheesecake Factory, Ritz Carlton, Sanctuary Restaurant, International Hotel Group).
• Formal training from Art Institute Of PHX.
• Overseas experience New Zealand.
• Trained with international Chef Garardo Moceri.
• Vast food truck experience and well as High volume catering.
Kitchen Style and Culture
• Classic techniques in respect to core standards.
• Innovative-by resourcing local products as well as products from around the globe to ensure top quality and gather the most unique flavors and products available.
• Driven-we constantly push ourselves to refine our craft and try new methods by endless research and development of recipes and new dishes.
• Family-we spend most of our waking moments with our restaurant family so this gives us a unique loyalty to one another to do the best work possible, we take care of each other and of the restaurant as if it is our home.
• We work hard and we play hard!
• Never ever compromise service or the integrity of the food.
• Our restaurant is a family and we try to live buy something called “Arete”….. this is our mission statement. Arete is a Ancient Greek term meaning “Excellence”, the way that we use the word Arete is simple we use it to describe the way we work as well as the way we try to live outside of the restaurant. For The Dish Room and its staff it means “Strive for Excellence in everything we do, create wealth for others as well as ourselves, create Goodness around us.
• We have a in house library full of many great books that our staff as well as the restaurant have donated for constant learning and stimulus, many nights we sit around the 10 foot long fire pit and tell stories and discuss the things we are learning.
Facts about the Restaurant
• We have a giant smoker, it can smoke 1000 pound of meat at a time and it has its own building.
• We use classic French techniques as well as those of Asia, South America, Italy, and Modern Molecular.
• Our Entire restaurant was remodeled about 3 years ago and is beautiful, this also means we have a lot of brand new equipment.
• Chef Gutierrez did about 75% of the remodel himself including the building of the furniture and the patio.
• The restaurant is big it has a large banquet room, three large dining rooms, 4 bathrooms, and two bars, it has a 10,000 square foot floor plan and seats 190 guests.
• We work in hand in hand with many local farmers to resource produce, we plant, nurture, and harvest many of the crops ourselves.
• We have local Berkshire pigs that we hand pick monthly.
• We have a heard of our own Wagyu Beef that is finished just down the road by one of Chef Ezra’s childhood friends.
• Our company Christmas party is on the fourth of July and is bananas!
• We change our food and cocktail menus seasonally, and everyone’s help is expected.
• Catering program is a growing part of our business and changes seasonally.
• Our nest big project is a bar makeover that will include a 20-tap beer system, new cooling, and double well station.
We need a chef to join the team who is looking to further their knowledge and experience. A working chef who really know how to cook and can work with little direction and on their own when a project requires. Knowledge of grilling, butchery, bread, pasta, sauce making, and all areas of line cooking are important. This is a opportunity to grow ones skill to the next level in many ways, we are a high volume restaurant with tireless attention to innovation and detail.
If you are interested please email us with a detailed response to the email listed.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers