compensation: Varies upon level of care employment type: contract non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Special Kids Special Families (SKSF) is seeking individuals, couples or families who are willing to care for TEENS with developmental disabilities and/or special needs. You would become the teen’s Foster Provider (i.e. Foster Parent) welcoming them into your home to provide the care and guidance that they require. As the youth becomes an adult, you would work with them as their Adult Home Provider. This important step for adolescents with challenging needs is so crucial to their future success. When the adolescent in your home becomes an adult, you would be able to continue to provide care through the Adult Disabilities Waiver Program.
When foster youth “step down” out of residential care, your home will provide the stability they need to transition to adulthood while supporting individual goals, interests and skills to help promote them to live full independent and productive lives.
· Training, guidance, telehealth and wrap around services from our amazing foster home team and behavioral health team
· Accommodation with your schedule through the foster care licensing process working as a team to make it happen
· Reimbursement for the amazing impact that you provide for this youth
· Crisis intervention
· A life changing experience working with youth in great need of assistance
· Patience as you persevere to help the youth
· Compensation for the work that you do
· A new relationship and life experience with a youth who needs you
· A provider network of great people with the same mission in mind
SEEKING APPLICANTS WHO DISPLAY:
· Care and compassion for young people in need
· A stable home environment with the physical space to accommodate
· Positive background checks
If you’d like to obtain more information on this unique way to foster youth as they transition into adulthood becoming their Adult Care Provider, please contact Sandra or visit us online at: www.SKSFcolorado.org.