If you’re compassionate and enjoy helping others, consider becoming a part of the Primrose Retirement Team! Work with a team of caring individuals with a reputation for providing exceptional care and an excellent assisted living experience for seniors. This may be just the work-family you are looking for.
Primrose offers a competitive salary, a full benefits package including a 401K match, 3 weeks of PTO, annual pay increases, and so much more!
Primrose Retirement Communities was founded in 1989 based on the premise that a retirement community must reward its residents with value, comfort, security, and convenience. It has been our pleasure to create beautiful apartment homes and town-home villas complemented by outstanding internal common areas such as libraries, movie theaters, fitness centers, ice cream parlors and pubs. From the beginning our company office has been in Aberdeen, South Dakota, a community known for its friendly, honest and hard-working people. Those are the characteristics that guide each of our 40 plus Primrose Retirement Communities across 19 states.
Assisting the Property Maintenance Technician with building maintenance where needed. Duties may include painting, general cleaning, snow removal, mowing and carpentry.
• Perform work as defined by the Executive Director
• Attend any in-service educational programs recommended by the Executive Director.
• Provide a safe, clean and comfortable environment for the residents
• Follow defined safety codes while performing all duties.
• Understand facility fire and disaster plans and follow established procedures during fire drills and actual emergencies.
• Perform any other duties or special assignments as directed by the Executive Director.
• Assist in repairing and maintaining vacated rooms which includes: painting, carpet cleaning, walls, doors, woodworking, plumbing and electrical work.
• Educations: High School diploma preferred
• Experience: Previous maintenance experience preferred
• Aptitude: Ability to read, write and understand and follow written and oral instructions. Must be proficient in English.
• Willingness to perform routine, repetitive tasks with frequent interruptions.
• Motor coordination is required for various work routines such as working with tools.
• Demonstrate good judgment, problem solving, and decision making skills
• Able and willing to work flexible hours
• Must have a compassion for and desire to work with the elderly
• Ability to communicate effectively with residents, families, staff and vendors
Physical Demands: Must be able to reach, stoop, bend, carry and manipulate various items. Lifting, pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs. Using proper body mechanics or available equipment to help. Physical activity required throughout the shift.
• General knowledge of building maintenance and common tools
PRIMROSE RETIREMENT COMMUNITY is an equal opportunity employer.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers