Fall Forestry (FF) is an intensive, team-based, 10 week-long program based in Colorado Springs. Corpsmembers serve on conservation and environmental stewardship projects on public lands throughout the Southern Front Range Region. Members receive training in safe and efficient use of hand tools to complete a wide variety of projects. Examples include: trail maintenance and construction, installation of rock and timber trail structures, noxious weed removal, pesticide application, planting and mulching, fence repair and construction and other park development projects.
• Sawyer Crew: Members operate chainsaws on wildland fire mitigation and invasive tree removal projects.
• Hand Crew: Members receive training in safe and efficient use of hand tools to complete a wide variety of projects.
Ideal Candidates are:
• 18-24 years old
• Passionate about the environment
• The typical 40-hour week will be Monday-Thursday or Tuesday-Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m
• The entire term of service is from August 17 - October 23, 2020.
• You could also choose our 'Late Start' option where you could serve August 31 – November 6, 2020.
• Biweekly stipend: Earn living stipend of $760 every two weeks.
• AmeriCorps Education Award: Earn a scholarship of $1,289.95 upon successful completion of the term.
• Trainings: Tool training and hands-on technical training related to all projects.
• Education: Lessons focused on environmental stewardship, leadership, civic engagement and college/career prep that will prepare you for life after MHYC.
• Student loan forbearance: For all qualifying federal government student loans via National Service Trust.
• Health Insurance: Eligible for health insurance after serving at MHYC for sixty days.
Apply here or visit us in person at 417 E Vermijo Ave, Colroado Springs, CO 80204.