Job Title: Protégete Mobilizer - Pueblo
Status: Full-time, Temporary (through December 2019 with the possibility of extension). Exempt.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Location: Pueblo, Colorado
Reports to: Protégete Mobilization Manager
Conservation Colorado is seeking a Protégete Mobilizer based in Pueblo who will organize and mobilize Latinx communities in Pueblo and the Pueblo County to advocate for climate action. We are looking for a motivated individual with an organizing background who is goal-driven and detail-oriented. They should have experience in community mobilization and/or community organizing.
About Conservation Colorado:
Conservation Colorado works to protect Colorado’s environment and quality of life by mobilizing people and electing conservation‐minded policymakers. We work closely with policy leaders, citizen activists, businesses and other allies, and have built a reputation as one of the leading conservation advocacy organizations in the region. Over the last three election cycles, Conservation Colorado has established a track record of success running top-quality mobilization efforts.
Protegete is a program that builds a more powerful and influential voice for local Latino communities and leaders in the fight against climate change by empowering and organizing communities and fostering leadership to build a strong voice for Latino families for clean air, healthy communities, and a safe climate for future generations.
Our work to protect and advocate for the environment reflects the organization’s commitment to racial, social, and environmental justice. Engaging communities of color and other key constituencies for the environment is an organizational priority. Within the organization, we aim to create a workplace culture and policies and practices that demonstrate how we value equity and inclusion.
The Protégete Mobilizer, who reports to the Protégete Mobilization Manager, is responsible for the following:
● Organize and mobilize communities and individuals in Pueblo to undertake grassroots tactics in support of climate change action and holding decision-makers accountable, including but not limited to educating lawmakers, building local coalitions, participate in advocacy actions, coordinating in-person meetings with local Congressional offices.
● Identify opportunities for grassroots involvement within the respective areas to reach Latinx voters and the larger community.
● Travel to different areas within target geography in order to maximize opportunities for constituent engagement.
● Coordinate with Protégete and Conservation Colorado staff on reporting, strategy, and other activities; provide reports to the Protégete Mobilization Manager to ensure mobilization efforts are reaching their goals, including reviewing data weekly.
● Ensure the program is executed with the highest standards of accuracy and professionalism and all applicable laws are followed.
We are looking for an organizer who is results-focused, has outstanding interpersonal communication skills and is organized & meticulous.
● Experience in or the skills to run community mobilization efforts, petition drives, or similar campaign efforts in predominantly Latinx communities;
● Professionalism to act as a representative of Conservation Colorado and Protégete in myriad situations and circumstances;
● Willingness to take directives and implement a complex program plan;
● A demonstrated ability to maintain grace under pressure, handling multiple tasks at once, and setting and achieving goals in a fast-paced, ever-changing, high-performance environment;
● Reliable, consistent, detail-oriented and self-motivated;
● Shares our commitment to increasing racial diversity in our movement and organization, integrating justice and equity into the work we do and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture; and
● A complex understanding of priorities in communities of color, cultures, and potential for effective civic engagement.
This position requires the ability to work evenings, weekends, and nontraditional hours.
This is a temporary position through December 31, 2019, with the possibility of extension.
Spanish/English bilingual is a skill we value, especially for this position.
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation depends on experience and is highly competitive. We provide high-quality, zero-deductible health insurance and a strong benefits package that includes a SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with match, at least 28 days of paid time off in your first year, parental leave, and a sabbatical program. This job offers an opportunity to engage people to find solutions to some of the most important environmental issues in Colorado and work with a great team that is committed to a better, more equitable future. It will be challenging, inspiring, and sometimes frustrating, but you’ll be making a big difference.
We are committed to building a more diverse and inclusive organization and conservation movement to fully represent and engage all Coloradans and to build as powerful a movement as we can. Recruiting staff that better reflects Colorado is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, race, ethnicity, geographies, political affiliation, and all other identities represented in Colorado or protected by law.
Send a cover letter explaining how your skills are applicable to this position and resume to Protégete Director Juan Gallegos at email@example.com with “Protégete Pueblo Community Mobilizer” in the subject line as soon as possible.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers