compensation: Dependent on Experience. Competative employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Do you want to work with cattle daily?
Do you want a steady year-round paycheck, long term career, Health insurance, retirement, and paid vacation?
Do you want to work for a family-owned company that takes a genuine interest in you and your growth?
Do you want an opportunity to grow, have real responsibility, lead people and process to achieve great cattle performance?
If so come check us out and start a career with Beef Northwest!
Up to $10,000 Sign on and Retention Bonus
Beef Northwest Feeders, a progressive cattle feedlot operation has a need for a Growyard Assistant Manager at its Hermiston, Oregon location. Under the direction of the yard manager, the assistant manager will be responsible for the operations of two 5,000 head capacity facilities and seven employees as well as farming operations of eight pivots. This position will be hands on and will primarily work outside.
• Knowledge of cattle feeding and basic nutrition principles
• Experience with cattle handling and livestock production
• Ability to operate basic feed yard equipment skid steer, frontend loader, water, and feed truck
• Knowledge of basic cattle health and treatments
• Ability to learn feeding computer systems Microbeef, word, excel, and email
• Ability to effectively lead people to ensure all feeding, animal health, and maintenance expectations are being met.
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong ability to coordinate and communicate with all levels of feed yard personnel
• Farming, Irrigation experience desired but not required.
The Assistant Manager will receive in-depth on the job training and be part of the Beef Northwest Management Trainee and Mentor Program. Beef Northwest offers a very competitive wage and bonus program. Benefits include: Family health, dental & vision insurance, paid vacation, 401k with company match and life insurance.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers