compensation: 17.00-27.00 per hour based off experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Fiber Splicer Pueblo, CO
Atlantic Engineering Group (AEG) is a privately held telecommunications engineering and construction company that specializes in FTTH and Smart Grid deployments. Our corporate office is in Buford, GA; with project offices throughout the country at each of its individual job sites. See www.aeg.cc for more information about AEG and our current projects.
Qualifications & Experience
Candidate must have the following qualifications and skills:
• Modern Splicing Techniques for the telecommunications industry
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Ability to read fiber design maps
• Ability to travel/live on site of project
• Ability to supervise and oversee sub-crews
• Knowledge of aerial and underground construction.
• Ability to prioritize and delegate activities.
• Quality Control.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Immediate full-time position for experienced Fiber Splicing Technician.
· Candidate will be responsible for the terminating, splicing, documenting and testing of all fiber optic lines within the customer’s network.
· Responsible for customer premise installations, including racking, cabling, bonding and grounding.
· Perform ring cuts on live fiber without affecting existing services.
· Perform fiber tests with OTDR’s, light source and meters.
· Terminate, splice, bonds/grounds and tests fiber optic equipment to division standards.
· Provide accurate equipment location, splicing and terminating records for the fiber database.
· Perform installation of fiber optic equipment and patch and panels.
· Monitor, communicate and perform corrective actions to fix problems affecting any fiber or fiber related equipment.
· Install enclosures and other telecom equipment.
· Must have experience with the following equipment: fusion splicer, mechanical splicer, OTDR, power meters, traffic identifiers, digital multi-meters, cleavers, strippers, buffer tube splitters, cable ring tools, hand tools, toners, duct rodders, ladders, bucket trucks, etc.
· Perform as the subject-matter expert when assigned to a project.
· Quality control of work completed.
· Be involved in pre-construction meetings with potential sub-contractors.
· Manage the scope of work among sub-contractors and in-house crews.
· Review and submit weekly report of scope completed in company’s software.
Valid driver’s license required and ability to pass a background check and MVR
It is the policy of AEG to provide equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants for employment. No person will be discriminated against in employment because of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay range: $16-$27/per hour
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers