compensation: Depends on Experience and Capabilities employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Wood Working Production Specialist
Westwind Wood Specialties, Inc - Pueblo, CO
Westwind Wood Specialties is a rapidly growing manufacturer in the Custom Cabinet, Molding and Trim industry. We are now accepting applications to fill full and part time positions on our production team from those who think they would do well in our fast paced environment.
Production team duties may include machine operation, assembly of parts and various other duties involved with cabinet component production.
We are especially looking for those who:
-Have experience working with wood
-Are fast at reading a tape measure
-Are driven to produce quality products quickly
-Have worked with machinery in various capacities
-Can read a caliper
• Applicants must be able to stand and walk around for the entire 10 hour shift
• Applicants must be able to lift 10 pounds over and over throughout the entire shift
• Applicants must be able to lift 50 pounds occasionally throughout the shift
• Applicants must be able to work in a wood milling environment where wood dust may be present
• Applicants must have a reliable transportation solution so that they can always arrive at work promptly at 6:45 am each day
• Most successful applicants will be able to read a tape measure well
• Most successful applicants will have some past success in the construction or labor trades
• Most successful applicants will work well with others and be a team player with a positive attitude
• Most successful applicants have an eye for detail and can discern whether a particular piece of wood meets our quality standards
• Most successful applicants like to work with their hands an get satisfaction out of making quality products efficiently
• Bilingual (Spanish) skills are a plus
Selected Details of the Position
• We work a 10 hour shift Monday through Thursday starting at 6:45 am and ending at 5:15 pm - A lot of our workers appreciate having a 3 day weekend
• We do sometimes bring the crew in on Fridays for overtime if our workload is heavy
• Indoor work - A lot of our employees appreciate working indoors where rain and snow don't really affect us and the extreme temperatures in winter and summer are moderated
• Pay is dependent on experience and performance. There is plenty of opportunity to advance. We don't have scheduled pay increases just for being here a certain number of months but we do have ample opportunity for raises for those who consistently do a high quality job in a quick manner.
• After a 90 day probationary period we offer paid holidays as well as an Earned Time Off program where you can earn paid time off each pay period.
To apply come into our office in person and fill out an application. If you have a resume please give it to us with your application.
Please don't bother applying unless you've read the details of the position and honestly think you would be a good fit here.
If you need to call you may (ask for Patrick) but we can't consider anyone until they have come in and filled out an application.
33645 East United Avenue
Pueblo, CO 81001
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers