With over 300 locations across the US, Apria Healthcare’s mission is to improve the quality of life for our 1.8 million patients at home by providing home respiratory services and select medical equipment to help them sleep better, breathe better, heal faster, and thrive longer. Additional information can be found at www.apria.com.
Clinical Service Technicians (CSTs) at Apria improve the quality of life for our patients at home by delivering, setting up, and instructing patients on the use of medical equipment (e.g., respiratory supplies, oxygen equipment, hospital beds, wheelchairs, etc.) in their homes and care facilities. CSTs must have and maintain a valid commercial driver license (CDL) with hazardous materials endorsement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Pick up and deliver medical equipment and oxygen to patients in their homes.
• Assemble, set up, inspect, and test equipment, and instruct patients and caregivers on basic operation and maintenance in accordance with state licensing limitations,
• Complete paperwork relating to deliveries, pick-ups, testing and equipment checks, repairs, vehicle inspections, etc.
• Load and unload company vehicles with medical equipment and oxygen.
• Operate both non-commercial (<10,000 lbs GVW and carrying a combination of oxygen less than 1,001 lbs) and commercial (10,000 lbs to 26,000 lbs GVW or carrying any combination of oxygen 1,001 lbs or greater) vehicles.
• Perform daily vehicle inspections and check for gasoline, oil and fluid levels, tire pressure, and brakes.
• May help guide and train less experienced Technicians.
• May be required to clean, disinfect and assist with equipment repairs.
• May be required to work after-hours and on an on-call basis.
• Successfully complete all required safe driving programs, abide by applicable motor vehicle laws and ordinances, and demonstrate safe driving practices at all times throughout employment.
• Maintain valid licenses and endorsements required for the position.
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Qualifications
Education and/or Experience
• Education or experience equivalent to a high school diploma is required.
• At least 3 years of related experience is required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
• Valid Commercial Driver’s License with Hazardous Materials endorsement
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
• Communication proficiency
• Problem solving/analysis
• Team player
• Responsive and flexible
• Excellent vehicle operation skills and safe driving behavior
• Compassionate and patient-centered
• English (reading, writing, verbal)
• Frequent lifting/carrying 10 - 160 lbs, including up and down stairs
• Frequent pushing/pulling 20 lbs – 60 lbs, including up and down stairs
• Frequent sitting/standing/bending/stooping/squatting/kneeling/rotating/twisting
• Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, night (low to limited light) vision, and the ability to adjust focus
• Manual dexterity
• Ability to communicate well with others
The physical demands described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apria Healthcare is committed to hiring veterans and military spouses.
Comprehensive benefits package offered for eligible employees:
• Competitive salary
• Medical, Dental and Vision
• Healthcare Flexible Spending Accounts and Healthcare Savings Accounts
• Life, AD&D and Disability Insurance
• Paid Time Off, including Vacation, Personal Time, Paid Sick Leave & Paid Holidays
• 401K Savings Plan (available immediately)
• Educational Assistance
• Employee Referral Reward Program
• Employee Discount Programs
• Company Paid Employee Assistance Plan (available immediately)
• We recognize our veterans by offering a company paid day off for Veterans Day
• Career Advancement/ Development Opportunities
• Compensation is commensurate with experience
• Annual compensation is based on a 40 hour week
$34,396.00 - $48,797.71 / year
As an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Apria Healthcare shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and Vet